The educational program of the academic subject «Actual problems of child psychology» is compiled in accordance with the educational and professional program «Pre-school education» of preparation specialists of the second (master’s) level of education in the specialty 012 «Pre-school education» of the branch of knowledge 01 Education/Pedagogy and is aimed at the psychological preparation of the future specialists to performing pedagogical functions and solving applied tasks in the field of pre-school education.
The educational program of the subject «Actual problems of child psychology» is a regulatory document of Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatyuk National Pedagogical University, which was developed by the Department of Psychology on the basis of the master’s preparation program of the EPP «Pre-school Education» with the specializing in «Primary Education» or «English» for full-time and part-time forms teaching.
The educational program is concluded in accordance with the requirements of the credit-module system of the organization of education. The program defines the amount of knowledge that a specialist should master in accordance with the requirements of the educational and qualification characteristics, the algorithm for studying the educational material of the subject «Actual problems of child psychology», the necessary methodological support, components and technology for evaluating the educational achievements of students.
The subject of the study of the educational discipline is the regularities of the age-related dynamics of mental development and personal development of the child at the stage of pre-school childhood in the conditions of education and upbringing in a pre-school education institution.
The main tasks of studying the subject are:
1. Carrying out theoretical, methodological and empirical analysis of current problems of child psychology and pedagogical practice.
2. Disclosure of the main sources, regularities, driving forces, conditions, mechanisms and features of mental development and the formation of the child’s personality at the stage of pre-school childhood.
3. Determination of age periods, stages and phases of the child’s mental development based on criteria and indicators.
4. Correlation of intellectual, psychological and chronological age of children and forecasting educational and educational influences on their cognitive activity, intellectual and personal development.
5. Mastering the technologies of psychological and pedagogical support of children, scientifically verified methods and techniques of practical activities to create optimal conditions for mental development and personal development.
6. Improvement of psychological and pedagogical skills and their use in professional activities, taking into account the innovative requirements of reforming the national education system in general and the modern pre-school sector in particular.